$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Eeyore update

I fell off the blog train a few weeks ago, and thus a brief update. My trip to PLO-land lasted a week or so. Was very profitable overall, up $14.96 in 1589 hands. Was on track for a much better result, but then had one horrific 164 hand session where I dropped $14.51. Hello variance, my old friend. I don't remember the details, but my notes say "way too tired, why play?"

That down session sent me back to $.02/$.04 NLHE, where I've played much better than before strolling over to PLO. I've stopped playing the SNGs, and have stuck solely with ring games. In about 3900 hands of $.02/$.04, I've climbed just under $40. The diversion to PLO seemed to reset my attention span and focus, so yay.

When I got back to $180, I started mixing in $.05/$.10, playing 2 or 3 $.02/$.04 tables, while playing 1 $.05/$.10 table. My $.05/$.10 results have been pitiful so far, and I'll have to back off for a while. In 250 hands, I've dumped over $13. Can't say why. Perhaps ordinary variance. I can think of a couple hands where I over-committed, but in general I think I played fine.

But, for now, it's back to the kiddy table until I'm back over $180. As I type, the Eeyore 'roll sits at $175.01 in 19,686 hands. Not bad, not great.

No comments: