$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eeyore Has a Fighting Chance

So a good last week for the Eeyore roll. Motivated solely by separating Whitmore from his "I short Adam" money, I've played quite a bit (for me, that is). About 3300 hands since June 1.

My progress has been jagged, but that's to be expected playing $.10/$.20 (and now $.25/$.50) with a tiny stack. Nearly gave up when one cooler and one bad beat dropped me down to $52.20. [While I can hear Chuck and Marsh dismissing those hands as "standard," and they are, they didn't feel so "standard" given the percentage of the 'roll that was consumed.]

Instead of giving up --- once again nearly exclusively motivated by the vision of Whitmore paying Jeh one dollar at a time --- I did what any junkie would do with only a few days left. I bought in for $50 (of my remaining $52.20) at the $.25/$.50 table. In four $.25/$.50 sessions (totaling 300 or so hands), I've increased the 'roll from $52 to just over $194. The players at $.25/$.50, or at least the handful that I've encountered, are horrible. Station after station. I've definitely had my share of "run good," but I've been paid off at every turn. We'll see how it ends. Liking the trajectory of the graph, if nothing else......

1 comment:

Adam said...

But....then there was last night, when it all came crashing down. I could've sat on my $194 (with rakeback, probably $200) and "hoped" that Marsh didn't re-engage, but that would've been boring/lame. So, I plowed back into $.25/$.50, and got blasted. Very early in the session, I 3-bet AQo OTB and the original (UTG) raiser called. Flop QJ3, and it all got in. He had QJ. Booo. Couldn't really put him on a set or an overpair (he just flatted my 3-bet pre). (Valueless) brownie points for being right in that analysis. One more $.25/$.50 session later, I was down to $110, where I settled after climbing back to $150 and then back down at the end of the day. Perhaps prudence should've dictated the boring/lame approach. Oh well, 2 more days left, so I'll keep chasing the dream.

[For the record, I recognize that I'm likely the ONLY one still participating in the Challenge...but that's fine...I remain dedicated the proposition that Whitmore doesn't deserve to keep his money.]