$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oh, my graph. My beautiful, beautiful graph....is dead

Ok, my June 1/July 1 snafu has been well documented.......and very well exploited for the enjoyment of the crowd. So happy to entertain. Frustrating, but it's in the rear view.

So, I started June with a whopping $29 and change in the 'roll. I'm not going to pitch it in, because, well, I desperately want Whitmore to pay for shorting me. But, there's no way I can get back into contention...in 30 days...by adhering to proper bankroll management. At least, not until I can get the 'roll back to Marsh's neighborhood.

Following my May meltdown, I started June with $29 and proceeded to play a couple hundred hands at $.02-$.04 NLHE.....getting me exactly nowhere. In fact, it got me down to about $22. I shouldn't say it didn't get me anywhere. It got me off my self-induced, "if I could only count to 6 months" tilt. But $22 is $22.

So......with apologies to Marsh and Chris Ferguson.....I calmly and consciously bought in for $20 at the $.10-$.20 NLHE table. 44 hands later, I cashed out at just south of $48, with the overall 'roll at $50.01. My plan, for now, is to continue to buy in (way too large) at a single table in the hopes of sustaining some success. I fully realize that odds are that I will go busto employing this strategy, but I'm not sure what else I can do given my May debacle. I don't have much time or energy to grind it up in June, and even if I had Marty-like dedication and opportunity, I still couldn't turn $22 (or now $50) into $200 by month's end.

Any feedback on this approach????

1 comment:

jason said...

If you are trying to win the contest, there is likely not a better way.

The best way to build a roll is to play the game you are best at and the number of tables you are best at. For me, I believe 3 or 4 tabling PLO is best.

Currently, I am not playing any PLO in preparation for the WSOP as I will be playing PLO8 in Vegas. So I am now 4 and 5 tabling PLO8 on Stars. I think I am best at 4.

You can't worry about variance this late in the contest and just have to go for it. If you think you are best at 1 tabling NLHE and won't get bored then go for it.