$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Friday, July 9, 2010

One Week In: so far, so good

One week into the $1k or Bust challenge, things are going pretty well. I've played almost exclusively $.05-$.10 on FTP. FTP offers the game full ring, 6-max and heads up, and at each table size it offers regular buy in (100BB), short stack, deep stack, "capped" (haven't looked to see what that means) and with antes. My game of choice is 6-max, deep-stack with antes. Seems to drive greater action (avg pot size definitely bigger). Overall, rakeback and signup bonus* included, I'm up from to $351.90. A little over 3000 hands of play in a week (a lot for me).

No particularly notable hands. Normal # of bad beats, suckouts and coolers. In fact, it's unclear to me how to URL'ize hands played on FTP. Anyone know how? Overall, the larger player pool (as compared to Cake) seems like a huge advantage. Not super impressed by the quality of play, overall.

* As for the signup bonus, I deposited $300 back on March 12 in light of 1:1 signup bonus. For every dollar deposited (up to $500, I think), FTP matched it with a dollar. I failed to read the fine print, and didn't play much while the Cake Challenge II was onoging. Last week, when I started the $1k or Bust challenge, I took a closer look at the FTP Cashier, and noticed two things. First, the bonus isn't a simple deposit, but instead is redeemed $.06 at a time, for every FTP earned (so, every dollar in rake = $.06). At $.05-$10 stakes, it takes a while. Second, I noticed that the bonus is paid in $20 increments, meaning you have to earn $20 of redemption, $.06 at a time, before anything is handed over. With 3000k hands of play in a week, I've earned just over $20 in bonus, so at least I got something out of it. Finally, I noticed that the promotion expires on 7/12 (4 months from signup), and thus my $300 signup bonus will likely amount to $20. All of this is my fault, obviously, as I'm sure the terms of the bonus were readily apparent...had I bothered to look. Anywho, at least I got $20.

3 comments:

royalbacon said...

Two things:

1) "…the larger player pool (as compared to Cake) seems like a huge advantage. Not super impressed by the quality of play, overall." — as I expected.
2) As a lawyer, aren’t you drawn like a moth to the fine-print flame? Or did you skip that particular class at Lawyering School?

Adam said...

Royal...as 2), above, sure am....but apparently not always. :< My bad. I emailed FTP, seeking an extension, and they laughed.

(OK, I may just be imagining the laughter, but they did immediately decline my request.)

Sushi Cowboy said...

Nice work on your progress. You are killing me on your scoring efficiency since I play 3000 hands per day and don't have seven times the earnings to show for it.

Jason is interested in a Cake 1000 challenge but he obviously is not going to be able to directly compete with us.

Max sign up bonus is $600 btw.

Capped tables just means that everyone can only put in up to a set amount per hand. So if you're at a .05/.10 $10 cap table you can sit on $200 in your stack but cannot risk more than $10 per hand.

Keep in mind that it is Rush week and starting Monday (Eastern time zone) you can pick up bonus money for playing Rush tables.