$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Friday, February 19, 2010

Slumping

Frustration abounds in Eeyore land these days. Because of a sick daughter, I've had the (apparently unfortunate) opportunity to jump online quite a few times in the past few days. The results have been consistent. Consistently bad. From my (intraday) Cake Challenge II high of $201, I've now dropped over $58, and now sit at $142.51.

As I noted in my last post, I stepped up the stakes a bit, but I don't perceive that that was the main culprit for my woes.

** Overall, in $.05-$.10 6-max NLHE, I dropped a whopping $3.47, according to HEM (yes, I'm a proud new owner -- thanks Chuck and Marsh for your enduring technical support). The $3.47 loss is arguably deceiving, because on the day that I reached $201, I busted out at two different $.05-$.10 tables where I was approaching $20 (had bought in for $8 and more than doubled up), but then went haywire and lost it all.

** I played a bunch of double up SNGs, and I believe I dropped the most dough there.

** I have had good success with the $2 10-person double ups (11 of 16: profit $8.80 for investment of $35.20 -- 25%).

** But, I've been miserable at $3 6-max (3 of 8: loss of $8.40 on investment of $26.40 -- 32%) and $5 10-person double ups (0 for 4: loss of $21.40 on investment of $21.40 -- 100%). So, that's where $30 of the $58 went.

My overall evaluation is that I've played far less disciplined this week. I suffered a few painful suck outs a long the way, epecially last night. Ugh. [If I could get the Cake hand coverter tool thingy to work, I'd show you a few, but you've all seen suck outs before.] But, beyond that, I've been stabbing/pushing too much and hero calling way too much. Because of kid health issues and general exhaustion, I would've been smart to simply walk away from the CC II this week, but I've needed something fun to do, and so that's the price I pay, I suppose.

Going to firmly stick with the lower stakes for now and try to muster a reversion to discipline. Hopefully, will get back to the $200 range soon'ish rather than later'ish.

1 comment:

Sushi Cowboy said...

What I've been doing is leaving Dodge after my stack gets around double my buy in usually after a significantly large hand. That way I bank all my profit and I can easily just jump on another table (on FTP at least) with a small buy in again and play more but with less at stake in case I run into a cooler. Having $20 in play for even a $200 bankroll can be high variance. It means you can win more of course but it also means that you can lose more and the halo effect from winning doesn't come close to the tilt factor effect from dumping 10% of your roll, IMO.

Congrats on getting HEM up and running. That process is more arcane than necessary though the latest rev seems to improve the installation.