$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Woeful Wednesday Somewhat Redeemed

Not only (I said I said NOT ONLY) did I have to miss WNP tonight, but I got absolutely slaughtered at the $.02-$.04 NLHE tables. Easily my worst session during the Challenge, as I plummeted $20.12 over 453 hands of play. My evening was somewhat redeemed by finishing 2nd in a 210 entrant MTT. Very happy with that, although it took SOOOO LONG.

[As an aside, the payout is a mystery to me. It was a $.10 R&A MTT. The tournament page on Cake indicated that 2nd payed a whopping $2.60 (my investment, with R&A, being $.65). But, when I checked the cahier, it looks like I was credited over $12. Confused.]

Never wishing to dwell on the positive, however, Eeyore must bemoan his evening of coolers, coolers, lost flips and painful folds. (In this last hand, I held KK, btw -- WORST RIVER EVER). No way to call, imo. Anyone disagree?

Anywho, too tired to continue blathering. I suppose the good news is that I never really lost my head during the massacre. I got a little tilty, but seemed to pull out of it quickly. I felt like I made mostly appropriate decisions, and tried to adjust to the fact that my image was not so good. In the end, it didn't help, but hopefully will in future sessions. Now to bed....

No comments: