$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eeyore's Uptick

Since my Monday buffoonery, Eeyore has been enjoying a nice uptick, from the $91 nadir to the present bankroll of a little over $111. I tightened up, stopped (for the most part) trying to bully my way to pots (note to self: check raising with air is a patently bad strategy in $.02-$.04 NLHE) and have tried to concentrate on NOT tilting when I feel that evil feeling coming on. It's helped. Since then, I've only gone busto at one table and have won nearly each session, as the pretty graph above indicates.

A few interesting hands from today.

I flopped huge on this hand, but was unwittingly behind. No way I was letting this monster (top pair, nut draw) go, and I got there on the river. While behind, I was a 54:46 favorite (not that I knew that at the time). Can't imagine playing this any other way. At worst, I was a 2:1 dog (if he flopped a flush), but I couldn't put him on a flush when he called my pre-flop raise...and the A was on the board and K was in my hand. If he was (e.g., with QJs), he was.....

I played one more ($1.15) MTT, just for variety. Busted out 23rd (of 30), but think I played well. Lost 250 on the first hand. Picked up 99 in middle position, made a 3x raise and a c-bet on the flop when 3 undercards (but two of a suit) came. The villain (who was the BB) called and then bet the pot on the turn when the apparent flush got there. I hovered from there (playing only about 15% of hands) until my busto hand occurred. My executioner made a bad call to my pre-flop raise and got the PERFECT flop. Bye bye, Eeyore. 0 for 2 in MTTs now, and will probably play one now and again for funsies (tm).

Can't decide whether to be proud of this one. The villain had 7To in the SB vs. my 8To in the BB. Interesting flop for us both. I bet aggressively on the flop and turn. It was one of those hands that, when called on the turn, I was 90% sure I was dead. Thank g-d for position, as I got to simply check back, in this case for the win.

With rakeback (yea....rakeback), the Eeyore role sits at $111.22.

No comments: