$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Monday Malaise

Played about 50 hands of PLO (down $2 and change) and about 300 hands of NLHE (down $8) yesterday. At PLO, I played the same loose passive style as I had the day before (before reading Marsh's and Chuck's comments), and had neglibly negative results. If I keep playing PLO, I'll tighten up pre-flop, per Chuck's suggested parameters.

The NLHE turned out to be somewhat of a disaster, although it's hard to pin down how things went awry. On one table, the game broke after 10 hands, with me down a whopping $.19. On another, I played 62 hands before going busto. I nearly doubled up early on, and played tight thereafter, slowly bleeding down to around $6. The table dropped to 3 players, including a maniac who kept raising huge (opening the pot for $2+ with $.06 in blinds out there). I picked up 99 on the button and raised the pot. He (in the BB) came over the top all in (about $3) and I snap called. I would've layed that down (probably) to most other players, including ones I knew nothing about, but this guy was looking to give his money away. This time, of course, he held a real hand.....AQ.....and flopped an A. After that, I got a little tilty and went all in pre with AQ, meeting up with TT, and I didn't improve. On the final table, I ground my $4 for 207 hands, and never once was above my starting $4. Got close, but lost one decent sized coin flip. On my last hand I held $2 and AQs on the button. The CO raised pot, I re-potted and he put me all in. Frankly, I was a little tilted/tired, and I went with it. He had KK and I was done for the night...having lost about $10 overall.

Disappointed with the way I played, but tomorrow is another day. AQ is apparently not my friend.

1 comment:

chuck m said...

I'd snap that dude off with 99 too. Was the shove pre with AQ at the same table? If so I have no problem with it at all, it was 3 handed and you were short, just ship it in there. I don't have a real problem with the AQs hand either unless CO was known to be a nit.

You don't have to take what I say about PLO as law, I'm still learning the game too, but what I posted previously is what works for me. I open my pf range up a lot when the table gets down to 3 or 4 handed, and once I find out who the real donks at the table are, but I think you need to play less passive. Just because everyone else is limping doesn't mean its a good idea. Raise up those rundowns and big, coordinated pairs and don't put yourself in marginal spots in multi-way pots.