$3k or Bust graph

$1k or Bust graph

Cake Challenge II graph

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Solid Monday

Played for a couple hours last night, but most of the excitement occurred in the first three hands at the first table. I 3-tabled $.02-$.04 6-max and played a $1+$.10 MTT (30 players).

At the first ring game, I picked up KhKs in the SB (my 2nd hand). Ended up getting all the money in and the flop brought 3 hearts, including the Ace. Rivered a flush and doubled up. Picked up AdTd on the button on the very next hand. My victim from the last hand raised to $.12 and I flat called. The flop was AA2. We both checked, the turn brought a 6. He bet, I raised, he pushed all in and I called. He had A3o, and I was at $12 after hand three. I played a couple more orbits and then left at $11 when another player doubled up to $11 (didn't want to have 10% at risk).

I lost small sums at the other two ring games (played very well - for me - but suffered a couple frustrating beats, including one gutshot when I had an overpair to the board -- got the villain to call an all in bet on the turn with just a gutshot. He got there.).

In the MTT, I finished 4th, resulting in a $3.60 prize (a little more than 3x's the entry fee). It took over an hour, and so it's unclear to me whether it's a proper investment. This is the third MTT I've entered. I didn't cash at the other two. I'll continue to play them on occasion, as I can use the tournament practice, and I can play one MTT while playing three live games. Anyone else playing MTTs?

Overall, up $6.30 for the session, and the Challenge roll sits at a few pennies below $120. Pleased with that....

2 comments:

royalbacon said...

Nice run!

jason said...

Nice work Adam. Unfortunately for me, you are one of the few players where I lose big on the horse race. Hats off to a great start though.